Amazing Spaghetti

The Life, Loves, and Unadulterated Pathos of Joel Widdershins, Ph.D.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Whew! Thank you, thank you Jonesboro! It's great to be back! Okay, look, I know that the election this year is NOT for Presidet, even though you couldn't tell that from previous posts. Did I know that at the time I made those posts? Ahhhhhh, THAT'S the question!

Today, I faxed in an order for two (count 'em TWO) remote control, electronic, toy tanks, complete with small, plastic soldiers for drivers. Why, you ask? It has to do with my "surrogate pet" / "my replacement" / my "sister." Babe is her name. She is a Scottish Terrier owned by my parents. You see, when I went away to college, they had "empty nest syndrome", and soon moved a dog into the house to take my place. This after both of them swore they'd never let a DOG live in the HOUSE! hehehehe The current pooch is named Babe, actually her official name on her akc papers is longer than that, but the only part of it that I know for sure is that whatever it is, it starts with "Jan's". Any--wayyy, Dad got me a stocking-stuffer last year that was a small remote control car, and he got one for himself, too. See, he figured that Babe would go nuts chasing these cars around the house. He was right, too! Oh, it's great fun! So... when I saw the catalog entry today for the tanks that really shoot and emit smoke when "hit" by the other tank, I totally couldn't resist. hehehe Yeah, it's sure to be a rowdy, raucus, fun time around the Widdershins house this Christmas! Babe may have to be committed on Dec. 26th. Gee, I've never seen a dog in a straight jacket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home