Amazing Spaghetti

The Life, Loves, and Unadulterated Pathos of Joel Widdershins, Ph.D.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

AHHHHH!
Happiness is a new pair of socks. So I have TRIPLE happiness, I suppose. You see, I've known for some time that my town would have a new Kohl's store opening soon, because I saw where they were building it. Well, they got it built, all stocked, and opened it several days ago. And those sweethearts sent me in the mail a $10 gift card to use at their new store! I figured that it was a way to get me in the store to spend more money, but I was needing some new socks anyway, so I figured I'd be spending money for them no matter where I went, so why not spend $10 less for them! So I go to Kohl's yesterday after work. I became momentarily disoriented in the women's department, and nearly bought women's socks, but women and men have basically the same kind of feet, so I guess it really wouldn't have mattered. Still, I couldn't find any colors that I liked, so I decided to explore the store more, and then I relized what I had done! So I located the men's department, tracked down the socks, and THEN I found the colors I was looking for. Yay me! So the socks that I wanted were marked @12.00 for 3 pairs, and I figured with tax, I'd end up spending between 3 and 4 dollars. So I go to the checkout and start fishing for my billfold. About the time I work it loose from my pocket, the clerk is handing me my sack o' socks and my receipt. I say, "Whaaaa?" She tells me that the socks came to only $9 something. So I said, "Thank you, ma'am," took my FREE socks and got out of there before they changed their minds!

So that's why I'm wearing nifty new socks today! And they feel WUNNNDERFUL! What's that? You say I'm easily amused? Maybe so, but I'll tell you what though: If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that happy times are much better than sad times, and being satisfied, or even TICKLED PINK, with simple things is one of the easiest ways in the world to maximize your happy time! You can take that to the bank, Jack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home